Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Growing hair for a black man?

I've had long hair when I was young and again when I was in High School. Between those times I had my hair cut short into 360 waves. I can't stick with one thing for long so I decided to grow it out again. I need some products (leaning towards natural-store-bought-products) that will make my hair softer so I can ease through the rough afro look. My hair is naturally a bit soft but since i moved to Texas my hair has gotten drier. What moisturizers should I use? Any other tips like conditioning, drying?Growing hair for a black man?
I sometimes use Shea butter and this give my hair moisture. Never try to comb afro hair while dry, only detangle it while wet and with conditioner in it. The conditioner will make it easier to comb through. Also, don't comb your hair while it's drying or dry unless you want an afro, because doing so makes your hair very frizzy. Carol's Daughter is good, I've heard. It's on my to-buy list, so I haven't tried it yet. Raw cocoa butter also makes my hair soft. The only thing about shea and cocoa butters is that they cause a lot of build-up. If you're okay with the build-up then I recommend them, but I don't use them much because I don't like my hair with a lot of build-up that makes it feel dirty and heavy.





Since your hair is dry do deep conditioning treatments once a week to help retain moisture. Buy a deep conditioner and leave it in for about an hour or so.





As far as getting hair soft, it depends on the products you use. I use a cleansing conditioner called Wen and this makes my hair super soft. It's expensive but is well worth it if you can afford it.





Towels cause frizz so I don't use them anymore. Since my hair is still relatively short (6 inches) I wring out as much water as I can and then go outside and shake out the rest and let it air dry after moisturizing. If you want to use a towel then buy a microfiber towel because this is better for curly hair and doesn't cause frizz.





If you want to define your natural curls (assuming you don't have the z-pattern, no curl hair type) then buy hair products that are anti-frizz. Wen is great for significantly reducing frizz.





I use natural and organic products too, and I buy them from health foods stores. But, I also use other non-organic natural products, too. Raw shea butter can make your hair soft, as can mango butter. I use Giovanni Direct leave-in and this is somewhat soft on my hair. But nothing makes it as soft as Wen and mango butter.Growing hair for a black man?
Some good natural brands (you can choose shampoo's and conditioners from) are:


carols daughter (sephora) http://www.carolsdaughter.com/category/h鈥?/a>





Aveda http://www.aveda.com/templates/products2鈥?/a>





aubrey organics (honeysuckle conditioner is the best) http://www.aubrey-organics.com/custom.as鈥?/a>





yes to:http://www.yestocarrots.com/?CategoryID=鈥?/a>





for deep conditioning get organic root stimulator replenishing conditioner


http://www.sallybeauty.com/ORS-Replenish鈥?/a>





moisturizer get:Silk Elements MegaSilk Leave-In Hair Moisturizing Creme


http://www.sallybeauty.com/hair-creme/SB鈥?/a>
You should try natural oils like.. almond oil or coconut oil.. cutting down on shampooing my help too. Instead you should try co-washing (just washing your hair with conditioner).. co-washing helps your hair maintain more of its natural oils, which is especially necessary for that dry Texas heat.. ';Hair One'; is a good 2-in-1 cleansing conditioner..





Good luck!!!
dude are u okay a man asking for hair stuff? what eves Ill help get pantene and condition and shampoo with it. that makes hair sooo soft

No comments:

Post a Comment