Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Is it fair for me to say that Black men who brush their hair to form waves hate their self?

No, of course it isn't fair! It's just a style for crying out loud. This question is a spin off from POLITICK'S dumb *** question about Black women relaxing their hair. That was a low blow and VERY shallow of him.





That's like saying Adam uses soap because he wants to smell good so he must obviously hate himself...because already has a natural body odor. Why would he want to smell like a plant (just an example - follow me)?





I don't think this is even an issue. Black men have way bigger issues to worry about than a Black woman's hair. Black men like POLITICK can yap about Black women's hair but they can't speak up about other REAL issues.





So...it's not fair, right? Right! I know I'm right. Any sane person would agree that this is bs.





Whatev. Have a nice day.Is it fair for me to say that Black men who brush their hair to form waves hate their self?
oops I'm very sorry I got to this kind of late. but NO you see when you brush your hair WITHOUT chemicals this would imply that you are staying with your NATURAL hair pattern wavy curly or what have you. but sista YOU NEVER READ ANYTHING BUT THE QUESTION I POSED, AND ONCE AGAIN I STATE; INDIA ARIE MADE THE SAME COMMENT. I WANTED TO ONLY KNOW YOUR OPINION ON THE TOPIC NOT BE ATTACKED BY MY OWN. SERIOUSLY this only makes me think it was a problem because I'm MALE AND NOT FEMALE. but being black I feel I should be able to ask the question of us before anyone else, AND DON'T ACT AS THOUGH THIS IS NOT AN ISSUE AMONGST US because it is sista. I mean are you angry because white people read the question as well AND I BET YOU STILL WON'T ADMIT THAT MS ARIE SAID THE SAME THING WILL YOU. I really think you might be upset because your realizing your white friends may be thinking the same. I'M JUST SAYING IT WAS ASKED OF ME BY A WHITE PERSON SO THEY MUST BE THINKING IT ( NOT ALL BUT SOME) fair has nothing to do with this.Is it fair for me to say that Black men who brush their hair to form waves hate their self?
so what your saying is that because I don't agree with permed hair I'm now a sell-out? (which I'm not the one defending my straight white hair) The problem with you is that you put your pride before attempting to answer the question.

Report Abuse



really the only people who are sell-outs are people like you WHO DO EXCEPT the stereo-types and go out of your way to show them your more like them. which is azz backwards. and before you call me a sell-out pay attention to what your defending. nuff said

Report Abuse



LOL; ironic isn't it? I know I can't believe it either, but I'll take the best answer for this question definitely.








email me sometime. I'm open to debate

Report Abuse



No you're a sellout because you go along with what some White man says just to keep peace, meanwhile you will continue to date a black woman with permed hair. You don't even believe half the stuff that you say.

Report Abuse



I am not open to debate with you, it is pointless. I refuse to waste anymore time on your uncle tom ***.





Try and have a great life!

Report Abuse



Ps - I also gave you a thumbs up because I respect your opinion. You didn't win anything. You only showed Y!A how ignorant you are.

Report Abuse



you are impossible I say like A LOT of other blacks that I don't agree with permed hair and I'm an uncle tom and what backwards azz wanna be white planet you get this from.

Report Abuse



it is an issue amongst us you just chose to ignore it and for some reason believe that white people can't possibly look at sistas that way. you know what remain blind if you want to. I'll fight the good fight.

Report Abuse



I'll leave you with this. It is not the words of our enemies that we will remember but the silence of our friends.





Dr Martin Luther King Jr





ignore what they think it'll go away on it's on%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;yeah right.

Report Abuse



How do you suppose the neanderthals felt about encroaching cro-magnon dna.
No, it doesn't. People have the right to do whatever they want with their hair. Some people prefer their have natural, curly, wavy, or straight. Just because some black women choose to straighten their hair doesn't mean they hate themselves. Most people think straight hair is easy to manage on a daily basis. That is stupid, it is like saying white people tan to look black, when that is not the case. What people decide to do to themselves is their choice not anyone else.
I never seen a problem with black women relaxing there hair. It looks very beautiful. Its no different than a (no matter the race) girl curling her hair when she has straight hair.
Exactly--it is just a style. I think a person can do whatever he or she likes with his or her OWN hair.
I agree that POLITICKS question was just over the top. I have waves but I dont neccessarily try to get them. I definatley dont think black women who straghten hair is trying to be white. Some black womens hair are naturally straight sometimes too.
You're right, it's not fair to say that. Women with straight hair curl their hair out, women dye their hair, they do a lot with their hair. It has nothing to do with hating themself, but I think it's fair to say they are unhappy with their current hair? I hate my hair, it never does what I want! I wish it were straight, instead of wavey.





And by that logic, what does it say of white women who tan? Does it mean they are ashamed of themselves? I don't think it does, it just means they don't like their... Oh, never mind...
Actually there is a difference. When they brush their hair and get waves it's natural. On the other hand, when women get relaxers it isn't.
No. Where do you get this stuff? Of course it is not fair, lol. Is it fair when a white guy perms his hair that he hates himself?





Also, it is himself, not theirself; theirself is not a word.





Love ya!
I think hair is just hair and if you change it its just okay you are not changing your story, your race or what you are, you are changing your hair that's all.
Well, whites don't have ';waves'; but whites DO have straight hair, and weaves are usually straight hair.





BTW: I keep my hair curlyish.





.....and the girl above me is just angry because ';her perfect white skin'; has skin cancer now! Not so perfect anymore?!
POLITICK is a moron who hates his own race like Katrina T.
Im ambivalent when it comes to a womens hair. On the one hand, natural hair is often a sign of strength. Also natural hair can still be straightened. I have a buddy that has the longest most beautiful hair. She doesn't perm it but she does press it. She always talks about cutting it off because the white girls at work can not resist touching her. ';omigod!, like, your hair is so shiny!';
i only read your Q. no , its not fair.
Long time a go, our people had straight hair. How can our eye brows be straight and not our hair. So the straight hair is in our genes.


Black men should deal with their issues, true. It is sisters hair not yours
What the .......! I know you were bored!
all I know is that if I was ethnic, I would get a bomb *** weave. Black women do the coolest stuff with hair
well I got lost in all that dialogue but I think you are right. I have very curly hair and I am white so that doesn't mean I want to be black, is that what you are saying? something like that, it is a style, well it is because I can't do anything with my hair but yeah I get it. you are right. hmmmm yeah
this is true just cuz i get perms(relaxers) doesn't mean i wanna be a white girl i just do it cuz it makes my hair easier to manage
I have 360 waves and I brushed day and night to get them.





';This question is a spin off from POLITICK'S dumb *** question about Black women relaxing their hair. That was a low blow and VERY shallow of him';





If you think deep down inside and look at the facts.....he isn't black.

No comments:

Post a Comment