Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Question for my fellow Blacks: Do Black Men have a fetish for longer hair?

NOT GENERALIZING......I'm Black and last year I had about three boyfriends who were also Black.


Whenever I asked them what they liked about me the most they would say ';your hair looks cool';.


So I was mad and I said ';What do you mean';, and they told me that they liked it because it doesn't look like the others.


So I wasn't sure to take their comments as a compliment or as some sort of insult.


I felt they only wanted to be with me because I didn't wear my hair like eveyone else.


It made me feel funny because if I ever had a bad hair day they acted like the relationship was almost over or something!


I felt like they only wanted to be with me because of my somewhat strange and different apperance. If I threatened to cut my hair the relationship was in turmoil.


They were only with me for the so called ';look';.


This has happened to me more than once and I'm puzzled.


Do they only have a thing for girls with hair like mine or something?


I'm not bragging, its not even that long!Question for my fellow Blacks: Do Black Men have a fetish for longer hair?
Well, it sucks that you've come into contact with such superficial men. If a man will leave you because you change your appearance, that shows you exactly what they're in the relationship for.





If a man makes it obvious that he only cares about your outside appearance, you should drop him like a hot potato because men who are in love with looks are never faithful. There will always be someone prettier than you.Question for my fellow Blacks: Do Black Men have a fetish for longer hair?
Depends on the guy... I think everyone has their own preferences... If it is only because of your hair, then you do not need them because that is stupid... But, I know that I hate it when guys have brads, or hair... I usually like short close cuts on a guy, but I make exceptions depending on the person (lol)... But, anyway, from my experience, I think most guys like natural hair, but I do know some that do not care or prefer long hair..
I think Black men in general like hair thats natural, nice, and presentable, long or not.





Shoot! Either way it goes you can't freak their hair!
Well, regardless of race or color, long hair is pretty...on anybody. So if they're attracted to that, cool. Black women have some ';favorites'; as well.
If they broke up with you is because your crazy who goes with a person cause of there hair. Yea its a nice lil bonus but girl you got issues trippin off that.
I don't know every black man in the world. I'm sure there are some who do %26amp; some who don't, same for women who like long hair on men. It depends.
nope my fetish is exclusively for fine women short hair, long hair, bald, hell even wigs.
They like the longer hair b/c it looks Asian.
men just like a well groomed girl.. it doenst matter if its long or short as long as it is styled.
I am not quite sure what you mean by the ';look'; or whatnot. If guys are only into you for a certain look, maybe that is just that guy's preference.





If they are willing to dump you for cutting your hair, they are shallow and insecure.





But I think guys in general like well-kept hair regardless of the length. Black guys in general may prefer long hair simply because it may be deemed a rarity for black women. Now there are black women that do have very nice hair and it really isnt a rarity, that is just what this culture brainwashes people to believe.





Society has a very limited view of what beauty can be defined as from a subjective point of view...that view is even more limited for women of color--mostly African American women as seen in the media.
It's not a Black men thing it's a cultural thing. Western Culture is heavily influenced by the Roman Empire. Roman soldiers were required to cut their hair into crew cut or cropped style for combat reasons. After a while short hair hair cuts became associated with masculinity because of the soldiers. A soldier was thought to be a man's man and held in high regard. Of course the opposite of that was women with long hair. This represents femininity. These sort of cultural values have transcended time era after era. As children when we come into sexual awareness we associate what we see with specific genders. I remember when I was in the 1st grade my mom use to braid my hair. One day she didn't take the braids out of my hair and I had to go to school with them in. Back then boys only wore braids in the summer or on weekends but never to school. Braids where associated with girls and hair bows and barrettes. Needless to say I was ridiculed severely with the ultimate insult of the teacher even calling me a ';little girl';. That opens up another can worms that I will not get into. This may not have been true of everywhere in America but the braid association was true of area I was in. My point is culturally we are taught to make these associations. Personally though women's hair styles that are short or lifted accentuates the neck nothing screams femininity like a ponytail high on the head to me. Admittedly though I find tonytails attractive on women it is not a requirement. A woman is more than a ponytail or long hair or other body parts or nuances that we have associated with femininity. She is much more. A wise man understands.

No comments:

Post a Comment